What We Do

Marketing and SEO

Your website will flourish with our marketing and SEO offerings. For better ranking in search engines, increased traffic and higher conversions (e.g. sales).

We help shops get more sales, charities attract more donations, businesses win more leads, groups increase their membership and campaigns get more exposure.

What we do

We only employ honest, legitimate strategies and white-hat seo.

Search engine optimisation

Search engine optimisation (seo) is about engineering your website to perform well in the search engines.

Successful seo involves keyword research, competitor analysis, link building, content creation, website improvements, responsive web design and much more.

Our approach is designed to deliver a substantial return on investment. We’ve achieved great results for clients across a range of industries. And best of all, traffic from search engines is free!

Pay per click

Pay per click can generate a lot of traffic to your website very quickly. But it can become very expensive, very quickly if you don’t know what you’re doing.

At Blue Ice, we focus on conversions and return on investment. It’s not about how many people click on your advert, but how much money you generate from those clicks.

Content and social media

We write unique, engaging copy for your website and social media platforms.

We manage social media accounts and develop best-practice guidelines for your organisation to follow.

Things to consider

Aspects of Marketing and SEO include:

Organic Traffic

Organic traffic comes to your website free of charge from the search engines.

Google accounts for around 90% of searches in the UK, with Microsoft’s Bing and Yahoo making up the remaining 10% of searches.

Paid Advertising

Search engines like Google and Yahoo allow people to buy listings in their search results. Social media companies like Facebook and Twitter have similar offerings.

Set a budget for how much you are willing to pay and decide who to target with your adverts. You can even target adverts to certain demographic groups and geographical locations.

Social Media

Social media offers a platform to promote your organisation and engage directly with customers and stakeholders.

The top 10 popular social media sites are:

  1. Facebook
  2. Twitter
  3. LinkedIn
  4. Google +
  5. YouTube
  6. Pinterest
  7. Instagram
  8. Tumblr
  9. Flickr
  10. Reddit

Online Services

It’s worth mentioning some great online services that will help your marketing and seo strategies:

  • Google Analytics – to measure traffic, research keywords and monitor goals
  • Google Webmaster – to manage your website
  • Google Business Places – to promote your business in local search
  • Yahoo and Bing Webmaster Tools – to manage your website
  • WordTracker – to research keywords and identify niches
  • SEO Moz / Moz – for the latest news on seo
  • Pingdom – to measure page load and online status of a website

And of course there are many more.

Measuring Success

It’s important to measure the success of your marketing and SEO efforts. Google Analytics comes in very handy for this.

We are interested in factors like:

  • Click through rate – how enticing is your page description (or advert)
  • Conversion percentage – how many clicks lead to a sale (or sign up etc.)
  • Costs involved
  • Return on investment

This information should be used to improve your website and marketing efforts in an iterative process.

Search engine optimisation (seo) is about engineering your website to perform well in the search engines.