Do you still need a website in 2023?
Figures from the UK Office for National Statistics (2023) show that almost everybody, across all age groups, is using the web. And that usage has increased year-on-year over the last decade. Which means that having a great website in 2023 is more important than ever.
What makes a good website in 2023?
Your website should look great. But that’s not the main purpose of your website (unless it’s a work of art). Your website needs to get results by attracting visitors and giving them what they want. In doing so you can meet your business objectives (more leads, more sales etc.).
A great website will support your operations in many ways: from finding new customers to servicing the needs of existing clients; from online sales to recruitment.
All of our websites are built with the following principles in mind:
- Aethetically pleasing: they should look beautiful!
- Great copy: words sell your business proposition
- Great photos and videos: can enhance your website immeasurably. A picture paints a thousand words, as they say.
- Fully responsive: to look good on all devices, including smartphones, tablets, desktops, TVs etc.
- Secure: to provide protection against hackers and data-thieves
- Fast loading: to load instantly, even when you have a lot of content to display
- Search engine optimised: to rank highly in search engines and attract visitors
- Social media friendly: to increase exposure to your target audience
- Accessible: so that everyone can use your website, irrespective of disabilities and impairments
- Easy to use and navigate: so that visiting your website is a pleasurable experience (and not a pain in the rear end)
- Easy to manage: so that you (and your team) can add new pages, edit content, change prices, update pictures, etc. Even if you’re a complete technophobe!
- Compliant with legislation: displaying all necessary statements and policies etc.